FollowersofPompeyblonde

Sunday 7 April 2013

Back two weeks now!

Hello All! ( she says optimistically!) well I've been back tow weeks now and am free of jetlag and feeling pretty good. Its been as I kind of expected really, I have been a bit stick in mums front room BUT Im happy there at present. 

The weather has been bizarre, much colder than it was when I was back last Christmas, but dry, so I am still able to wrap up and get out and about. the cat doesn't seem to bothered by the cold and he loves central heating! 

So, I was anticipating That this would feel different from my visits back over the last 7 years, and it does, but not that much, there's not the urgency to see people as there's plenty of time so I don't feel like I'm 'on tour' as I did in previous years. I obviously feel a bit in limbo not having work and not really knowing exactly where Ill be living yet. However, it feels ok, it feels right.

These will sound like very small things I know, but they just make me feel at home, first people understand what Im saying, they know what 'pompeyblonde' means! the music they play in shops and restaurants is quality, no soft rock! The supermarkets are fabulous, its not a problem being a vegetarian, there's brilliant choice. These are not huge but what they do is add up to a feeling of being comfortable. 

I worried that I wouldn't be appropriate in shops...pack my own bags? be too familiar?... this has not been a problem at all, I have found people to be very friendly and haven't felt stupid in that way once. 

So those fears haven't been realised, I've applied for three jobs, so there are jobs there which I'm qualified to do, so that's good. Of course I wonder how much competition there will be but I'm pretty confident ill find what I want, even if it takes a bit of time.  

I cant wait to catch up with more of my friends and family, and I'm just enjoying feeling comfortable and like I'm in the right place!

More to follow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great to see your update and I'm so glad that its so far so good. I really look forward to hearing more about what "re-entry" to the UK is like!

    ReplyDelete